1. Billy Elliot-This movie gets me every time. When his father breaks down and crosses the picket line to work and earn money so he can send his son away to a ballet school audition for a chance at a better life, "let's give the boy a chance, he could be a genius..."
2. My Girl- So Thomas (MacCauley Culkin) goes into the forest to look for Vada's mood ring that she lost, he finds it but also finds a hornet's nest and gets stung by them and dies. His funeral is a major tearjerker, but I really lost it when Vada sees his mom later and tells her that it's okay, her mom will look after Thomas in heaven because she's already there. Que to turn on the waterworks.
3. Steel Magnolias- Yeah this is a classic chick flick, my mom and my sister dragged me to it in the theaters when I was 17. I went for Julia Roberts, then they killed her off! This scene had women literally weeping in the aisles, and the comic relief provided by Olivia Dukakis and Shirley MacClaine makes it feel good to feel so bad.
4. One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest- This one saves it all for the end. Jack Nicholson cons his way into the looney bin to avoid prison. He rallies the troops and brings out the best in these disturbed and sad souls. In the end he is imprisoned and then freed by his best friend, The Chief... "Let's go." If you haven't seen it, watch it and you'll see Jack at his finest.
5. McFarland USA- This one surprised me this summer. Caught it as a rental, one of my favorite movies this year. If you haven't seen it yet, go hit up Redbox.