My favorite season is definitely fall. Part of the reason is it's football season! Since we're in the middle of football, it made me think of my favorite football movies, here they are.
1. The Longest Yard. Superstar prima donna quarterback gets thrown in prison and has to win over his cellmates. This movie has one of the funniest scenes of all time. Watch it and you won't be disappointed.
2. Brian's Song. From the funniest to the saddest. Man up and try not to cry during this classic flick.
3. The Replacements. Now from a heavy movie to a light one. Scabs! There's not a whole lot to this movie, but it's great. Gene Hackman AND Keanu Reeves, yup, almost too good to be true.
4. Friday Night Lights. This is a rare commodity. First it was a book, which was awesome. Next came the movie, awesome. And finally a TV series, again, awesome.
5. Rudy. I think we can all relate to this one. If you work hard enough anything is possible.
Sometimes you need a break from fiction. Enter the Documentary. These are my top 5.
1. Dave Chappelle's Block Party. This is my all time favorite Doc, so funny and so heartwarming, and I'm not even into R&B! I think when I first saw this I had no idea what to expect, and it just blew me away.
2. The September Issue. Again, the world of High Fashion is something I honestly have no interest in, that was until I saw this Doc. Very educational, very interesting, and very entertaining.
3. Hoop Dreams. I think everyone has heard of this Doc by now, if you haven't seen it yet, it's time. An amazing real life story of heartbreak and the American Dream.
4. Rivers and Tides. This is the only Doc on the list that I own, and I've watched it countless times. Andy Goldsworthy is a nature artist, creating vibrant natural sculptures that are eventually destroyed by rain, wind, waves and rivers, it's amazing. Very freeing to me as an artist to see someone create something and then just have it be gone. So you just start again. Someday I'll go to Scotland and find one of his sculptures.
5. The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters. This one is so weird and so awesome. Two guys duking it out to be considered the best Donkey Kong player of all time. One already has the notoriety, the other is going through a bit of a mid-life crisis. So good.